Robertson Contractors, Inc. takes pride in our commitment to safety and our safety program. This program is a top priority for RCI. We actively encourage “safety consciousness”, expecting everyone to be cautious while working and planning. It is our responsibility to provide a safe work environment for our employees and we take this responsibility seriously. We expect our employees to take safety seriously as well. Only through a team effort, can we ensure safe work practices and conditions. A safety program requires more than words found in a handbook; it requires a concentrated effort by everyone. Safety is a “sharing proposition”. We all must share in this responsibility.
~ Robertson Contractors, Inc.
We accomplish our safety goals by providing training in the following areas:
- OSHA 30-Hour and 10-Hour Training
- Hazard Communication-GHS
- Advanced Work-Zone
- Signal and Rigging
- Flagger Certification
- Fall Protection Training
- Forklift Training
- Crane Rigging and Flagman Training
- CPR and First Aid Training
- Competent Person Training
Further steps taken to promote safety:
- Our safety director is OSHA-certified and is a Certified Safety Professional credentialed by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP).
- Our superintendents facilitate weekly safety meetings on various site specific topics.
- RCI’s home office is a certified testing center for both Cranes and Derricks as well as Fork Lift Training and Certification. RCI employees operating cranes and forklifts have successfully completed the training and obtained certification.
- All RCI Superintendents and Foremen are deemed competent persons which are trained and empowered to identify hazards on-site, enforce the company’s safety program, and demonstrate the sharing proposition which holds everyone accountable for safety.
RCI’s team of managers, supervisors, and foremen are OSHA 30 trained. All other field personnel have completed the OSHA 10. RCI continues to provide further safety training by providing OSHA 30 Training for all employees.
- RCI crane operators are OSHA certified under the Cranes & Derricks in Construction, 1926.1427.