Inspect, diagnose, adjust, repair and maintain heavy equipment and transportation vehicles including cars; light, medium and heavy trucks; paving and earthmoving equipment. This hourly, non-exempt position will function independently with guidance from the Shop Superintendent or Shop Leader.
- Demonstrate initiative in analyzing and solving problems.
- Proficiently troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, and rebuild all system failures on mobile and stationary equipment.
- Safely perform all essential functions.
- Generate report of parts necessary and time required to complete project.
- Operate equipment which may or may not require a commercial drivers license for diagnosing and testing purposes.
- Accurately generate in a timely manner all repair work orders including parts, fluids, labor, repair work and mileage.
- Perform cleanup at end of day or when job is completed including cleaning tools and putting tools in proper storage.
- Demonstrate diplomatic proactive communication with Leaders and Equipment Operators concerning equipment and job-related projects.
- Use welding and flame-cutting equipment to perform welding duties.
- Consistently work on personal growth plan.
- Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
- Frequently work more than 40 hours per week. Occasionally work non-traditional hours including Night shift, Saturdays and Sundays.
- Regular travel to regional job sites is required.
- May require periodic travel and overnight stay outside of region.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
- Methods, materials, tools and equipment used in repairing and maintaining mobile equipment.
- Basic computer skills.
- Construction operations.
- Operate tools and equipment used to repair equipment.
- Take and follow instructions.
- Ability to learn and follow RCI Company policies.
- Ability to function independently with minimal guidance.
- Valid driver’s license for state in which you reside with acceptable driving record per company minimum standards for drivers.
- Must possess complete set of tools.
- Must be proficient in troubleshooting techniques.
- Must be proficient in hydraulic principles and systems.
- Must be proficient in fundamentals of engines.
- Must be proficient in power and drive train principles.
- Must be proficient in machine electronics.
- Must be proficient in cutting and welding processes.
- Must be proficient in fuel systems.
- Prefer completion of Heavy Equipment/Diesel Technology program from an accredited vocational or technical school.
- Prefer ten years of experience as a heavy equipment or truck technician.
- Ability to work with fuel and other petroleum products.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to climb on and off equipment safely.
- Ability to bend, kneel, or squat to reach repair areas.
- Ability to work in shop or field environments with exposure to dust, welding fumes, exhaust vapors, noise, confined spaces, and inclement weather conditions.
- Ability to wear required personal protective equipment.
The specific statement shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.