- Supervise assigned crew members to ensure tasks are safely and productively completed in a timely manner with a high quality finished product.
- Prioritize, schedule and communicate plans and tasks to crew members.
- Provide liaison between field engineering and crafts to ensure construction complies with drawings and specifications.
- Assist in planning work schedule, determining manpower levels, material quantities, trucking and equipment requirements, and traffic control needs.
- Monitor work performance and productivity of crew members to ensure project rules, procedures, safety requirements, etc. are maintained.
- Complete employee time cards to accurately reflect hours worked.
- Advise superintendents and/or project management of potential problems, work interferences, schedule difficulties, etc. assist in circumventing/resolving such problems as required.
- Maintain positive relationship with other departments as required, to support construction schedule.
- Promote positive public relations and image.
- Ensure safe working environment.
- Exercise proper care, maintenance and operation of company equipment.
- Frequently work more than 40 hours per week and non-traditional hours including, night shift, Saturdays and occasionally Sundays.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
- Safety regulations, scheduling, cost control, project plans, specifications, special provisions and phases needed to complete project.
- Equipment and tools needed for the project.
- Materials required for the project.
- Haul time to the job in order to efficiently plan trucking requirements.
- Communication hand signals.
- Learn, follow, and enforce Robertson Contractors, Inc. company policies and procedures.
- Coordinate operations
- Plan ahead.
- Supervise and evaluate performance of crew members. Create construction plans to minimize traffic disruptions and maximize safety.
- Cross train crew members on all aspects of tasks related to particular construction discipline. Work with indirect supervision.
- Valid driver’s license for the state in which you reside with acceptable driving record per company minimum standards for drivers.
- Must have basic math skills.
- Must successfully complete OSHA required Flagger’s Training Course.
- Must be CPR and first aid trained
- Must obtain and maintain all mandatory training.
- Minimum 5 years of construction experience. FOREMAN
- Minimum 10 years of construction experience. SUPERINTENDENT
- Previous construction supervisory experience.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to walk and work on uneven terrain
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to work in a field environment with exposure to dust, inclement weather conditions, extreme heat and cold.
- Ability to wear required personal protective equipment.
The specific statement shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.